Monday, August 23, 2010

Will washing my face every night with soap or lemon juice and spot creams dry my face out?

i wash my face every night (and mornings too usually) with soapy water and sometimes with a bit of lemon juice which is meant to clear pores and make skin healthier.


Will this dry out my skin and should i use a moisturiser?Will washing my face every night with soap or lemon juice and spot creams dry my face out?
In my youth, I had chronic acne (ended up taking acutane). Washing nightly with Lava soap left me with great skin and, yes it did dry me out. Using a light moisturizer (Clinique) WILL NOT clog pores and cause acne as long as you wash a couple of times a day. As a matter of fact, if your skin dries out too much, your body will produce MORE oil to compensate (called sebum) and the result will be more oily skin and more blemishes. The Lava soap will gently exfoliate and deep clean your pores. Again...I speak from 5 years of severe acne in my late teens and went through tetracyclene, e-miacin, retyn-A and finally accutane. All of that and the result is skin as smooth as a baby's bottom! Good luck.





PS. Skip the lemon juice...it is an acid which will spark the sebum production.Will washing my face every night with soap or lemon juice and spot creams dry my face out?
Any soap will dry out your sking, any type of skin, but it is necessary to clear impurities, the lemon juice helps healing acne bumps and clearing sun spots. You can keep up with your routine but definitely use a moisturizer for your skin type. Moisturizer is what brings elasticity and humidity back to your skin keeping it healthy and fights premature aging. Even better if it has some sun protection in it.
I use MonaVie Gel packs. MonaVie is 100% fruit juice with the acai berry. They have now made Gel packs that you can take and eat while on the go. But, since it is so rich in antioxidants, I put it on my face. I dont have terribly bad skin, but my sister does. She has had acne since she was 13. She puts it on her face and back and her skin is perfectly clear and soft. There are no chemicals (because its juice and you can eat it) so it wont dry your face out. It makes the skin tighter, healthier and gets rid of acne and pores!





There's more info here: www.myspace.com/MVjuicerocks








take care,





KC
Washing twice a day or more(not excessively) is okay for an oily skin. Lemon juice with cucumber is nice for oily skin. Wanna know more? Check the link below



if your skin's oily or prone to breakouts, i wouldn't use the moisturizer but if it's not, go for it.
yes use something called black soap
lemon juice on your face?? hmmm IDK about that!!!
  • lipgloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment