Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Can I make the whipping cream the night before?

OK this is a dumb question I guess but I am making a mess of cake. I had the cake that I made last night that fell apart so the part of the cake that didn't totally turn into crumbs I cut into chunks then I poured jello over the cake crumbs and chunks, and then I want to top it with whipped cream and then fresh fruit. I am using real whipping cream so my question is if I make the whipped cream tonight will it be alright until tomorrow. I am taking this to work tomorrow and I don't want the whipping cream to be runny or anything.Can I make the whipping cream the night before?
If you add your real whipped cream the night before,if will seperate and your going to have all mush...yuk....real whip cream does not hold overnight like cool whip does.


I would also take your fruit along in a zip lock bag or whatever and place on top of your dessert before serving.Can I make the whipping cream the night before?
I don't think this is a dumb question at all, especially when you are making fresh whipped cream. I would suggest topping it in the morning with the fresh fruit, but you can make the whipped cream tonight, (you may have to tighten it up in the morning) as you said, then add the fresh fruit before you leave. That way the natural juices from the fruit won't bleed out and the cream won't break or get loose. Let the cake crumbs and jello set overnight, then top off tomorrow with the fresh whipped cream and fruit and enjoy! It sounds heavenly, I know your colleagues will love it! Smooth move to use your ';mess of a cake'; in an innovative, creative and tasteful way, good for you!
sure. just whip it good and firm and if there is any running then just touch it up with some more quick whipping. and if all else fails....stop and pick up some cool whip of a can of whipped cream from a grocery store on your way to work and dress the cake in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment